Work with Us
BizDiversity is seeking a Account Manager who will be responsible for local events. The individual will support overall efforts and deliver on client needs while recommending new opportunities for account growth. This position will report to the COO.
The Account Manager will develop and manage the BizDiversity Event program that includes managing speakers and content for BizDiversity sponsored or co-sponsored events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate BizDiversity leadership team meetings; documenting and distributing meeting notes and action items.
- Coordinate and oversee activities for a small Event Management team.
- Customer-facing skills to drive increased adoption/expansion of BizDiversity member and affiliate programs and sponsored events.
- Lead or support production and delivery of BizDiversity sponsored or co-sponsored event deliverables related to content development, speaker management.
- Oversee BizDiversity sponsored event logistics related to sessions, including: session room allocation and agenda management, and define requirements for room set-up, AV and video.
- Oversee speaker management, including: organizing speaker training, scheduling reviews and rehearsals, managing all speaker communications, and providing on-site speaker support.
- Serve as final content editor to review and publish final event session content and ensure quality control.
- Support for BizDiversity account activity, likely related to events or digital communications strategies
- Supporting marketing and communications activities for BizDiversity members and affiliates
- Work directly with content owners to identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results.
- Proven client interface and account management skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing B2B technology products or services is a plus.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in organizing work, delegating and achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan, organize, and integrate priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn new data points, stories, and use cases on the fly
- Ability to drive value through call campaigns, while providing feedback to marketing around messaging effectiveness
- Able to host meetings both virtually, and on-site
- Ability to work “virtually” with BizDiversity team outside the immediate environment
- Bachelors Degree in public relations, communications, marketing, business administration, political science, economics, international relations, social science or related field , or equivalent combination of workplace experience, education and/or training
- 2-5 years of progressively challenging event management experience
- 1-3 years of sponsor relations experience
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.