Build Your Own WordPress Website in less than 4 Hours!
During this course we will walk you through the steps to create your own fully functional WordPress website. You will also be trained how to update and maintain the site yourself.
The course will be taught by Steve Pillitu. Sam Rodriguez will translate instuctions into Spanish if desired.
Day: August 8
Time: 9pm – 1pm
(The seminar itself is FREE, $108 pays for 1 year of web hosting)
Location: Kenmore Small Business Incubator
7204 NE 175th St, Kenmore, WA 98028 (map/directions)
* One year of Bluehost web hosting
* One year domain registration
* One Premium Mobile Responsive theme ($100 value)
* Free registration in BizDirectory (view BizDirectory now)
* 3 months Membership in BizDirectory
During the course you will:
– Install WordPress, Spanish or English version
– Install the mobile-friendly theme “Canvas” by WooThemes
– Add pages
– Add menu
– Add text & image content
– Add your logo or a text only version
– Customize your background color
– Install plugins including: Contact Form 7, Simple Social Icons, WooSidebars
– Set Up Email In Bluehost
There will be no programming or e-commerce setup.
You will need to bring:
– Your preferred domain name
– Your existing email address
– A Laptop or iPad (laptop preferred) with internet capability and your power cord
– The text content of your website (an outline in digital format with bullet points is good enough, MS Word, Notepad, Text Editor)
– Images you want to include (we provide placeholder images)
(Optional) A digital logo of specific size, type