Social Media Manager
BizDiversity is looking for an experienced marketing professional with a strong working knowledge of core social media platforms and a desire to keep their finger on the pulse of the evolving social media environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Champion internal discussions and strategy regarding internal social media strategy.
- Create and implement tactics to establish a strong brand presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media channels
- Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand, maintaining a, helpful, and upbeat voice
- Implement social media posts. Fact check, research, and verify post content and details as needed 24/7.
- Interact with customers on posts by the brand, and on customer posts tagged by hashtag, location, etc. on organic posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Monitor and analyze social and interactive communications data to determine ROI in terms of traffic, reach, demand, and other quantitative and qualitative measures of effectiveness. Draw conclusions for future social media initiatives.
- Manage responses to comments as needed on social media platforms within set guidelines.
- Review user generated comments, posts, and reviews in a quick and timely manner across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and SimplyPosted.
- Respond to all comments and reviews to foster a positive community and add value to user experience.
- Stay current on latest trends, technologies, tools, sites, applications, and analytics related to communicating through the web and social media.
- Work closely with executive team and/or outside content writers to obtain story material and social collateral including video and images for social media.
- Work with team to propose timely social media content ideas for CEO and CMO to consider on a bi-weekly basis.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, commenting, etc.
- Experience with content creation and management
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
- Proficiency in social analytics and publishing tools
- Have an understanding of industry best practices and the ability to tailor content appropriate for each social platform, as well as be willing to learn and articulate a unique voice on each network.
- Working knowledge of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Exceptional communication skills
- A passion for social media
- Experience and skills included Adobe Creative Suite proficiency and demand generation marketing, inbound marketing a plus.
- Must intimately understand the social media universe including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and blogging.
- Strategic thinker with in-depth knowledge of running online and offline events, promotions, and contests
- BA in Marketing, communications or related field , or equivalent combination of workplace experience, education and/or training
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Copywriting, editing and/or proofreading experience also a plus.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls please.