We love the fact that we are located near Seattle, it is a great place for small businesses! There are tons of resources available for entrepreneurs like you.
At BizDiversity, we strive equip you with the toolset that will contribute to your success as business . However, we want to make you aware of other valuable organizations in our city that can also help you along the way.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR START-UP BUSINESSES
- APPLY FOR AN EMPLOYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (EIN) WITH THE IRS
- How to Support Women Entrepreneurs
- TAX HELP FOR THE SELF-EMPLOYED
- TAX RESOURCES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
COUNSELING, TRAINING AND GENERAL RESOURCES
- SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)SBA offers a variety of programs and support services to help you navigate the issues you face with your initial applications and resources to help after you open for business.
- SCORESCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. They provide mentors, counseling, tools, and workshops at no charge or at very low cost
- MINORITY, WOMEN, DISADVANTAGED AND/OR SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE CERTIFICATIONSNorthwest Mountain Minority Supplier Development Council (Northwest Mountain MSDC) is a nonprofit organization certifying, developing, and connecting Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) with major corporations and public agencies.
- Able Lending– Able is committed to providing growth capital for all business needs at the lowest rates possible. Able Growth loans range from $25,000 to $500,000, with 1 to 5 year terms, and interest rates starting at 8% – no hidden fees or prepayment penalties. We fund your loan with the support of your network and ours. Your friends, family, and fans have the opportunity to support your business by funding a portion of your loan. Then? Able funds the rest – up to 100%.
- Black Founders Matter – will provide a direct funding path for Black led enterprises. Creating access to not only to funds but critical resources thru our network of diverse mentors and partners. We are currently raising $10,000,000 as part of the Black Founders Venture Fund. You can support our efforts to change the entrepreneurial landscape by purchasing our Limited Edition Black Founders Matter apparel. Each sale directly supports our cause and raises awareness for this very important movement.
- Black Founder Startup Grant – Black women entrepreneurs receive less than .5% of venture capital funding. We are standing up to help change that by providing at least (3) $10K and (6) $5K cash grants to Black women or nonbinary entrepreneurs.
- Business USA – In a few quick steps, this wizard will guide you to government resources to access financing for your business! This will help match you with the list of government grants and loans that are relevant to your business. It only takes a few minutes and will save you the trouble of navigating different federal, state, and local sites to find the same information.
- Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards – The winner of this award will receive $20K in funding, 1 year of coaching, and access to an array of networking opportunities. To participate, submit your business proposal online. From there, 18 finalists will be chosen from Latin America, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and North Africa, and the Asia-Pacific). Finalists fly to France to present their business plans and projects in front of a panel.
- Craft3 – A nonprofit community development financial institution with a mission to strengthen economic, ecological and family resilience in Pacific Northwest communities. We do this by providing loans to entrepreneurs, nonprofits, individuals and others who don’t normally have access to financing. We then complement these financial resources with our expertise, networks and other advocacy for our clients. Since inception, Craft3 has invested more than $349 million in over 4,592 people and businesses in the Pacific Northwest.
- Eileen Fisher Business Grant Programs – Learn how we support leadership programs for women and girls, women-owned businesses and local communities.
- Export Washington, a service of the Washington State Department of Commerce, provides small cash grants, called export vouchers, of up to $5,000 to help small businesses offset certain export-related expenses.
- Fundable – We’ve built the largest business crowdfunding platform dedicated exclusively to helping companies raise capital.
- Fundwise – Created by entrepreneurs who are tired of seeing other entrepreneurs or new ventures being guided to loans that only benefit the lender. Our mission is to help you secure the best capital in conjunction with providing the necessary education to help you master your future businesses growth and success.
- Get My Business Funded Now – Running a business is hard work. Getting funding from GetBusinessFunded.com is not. We offer a performance-based model that makes fair financing available to thousands of well-run businesses that just miss the cut for traditional bank loans. We will analyze the volume of cash flow in your business, which is a better indicator of your company’s financial health than your personal credit score. This allows us to lend to businesses that would otherwise be locked out of fairly priced capital. By changing the evaluation process, GetBusinessFunded.com has made it easy for you to receive loans of $2k – $350k at fair rates so you can focus on growing your business.
- Government Grants for Small Businesses in 2020 – Daymond John, renowned Shark Tank investor, once said, “No matter what business you’re in, business is business and financing and money are critical.” Business financing is often a sore point for small business owners because it is difficult to acquire. Get a loan and pay high interest rates. Get an investor and reduce your equity. The gains of sourcing financing can be lost when the stakes are so high. Thankfully, small business grants provide a solution that removes the risks associated with high interest rates and lost equity.
- Idea Café – It’s Free, Quick and Easy to Apply for an Idea Cafe Small Business Grant. There’s no entry fee or purchase you have to pay for in order to apply. You don’t even have to prepare a complete business plan. We just ask that you sign up as an Idea Cafe Regular.
- InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge – Sponsored by the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Women’s Business Ownership, this challenge awards three winners $70k in Microsoft-sponsored prize money for businesses that impact the lives of women and have the potential for commercialization. The competition begins in localities. Each host organization nominates their winners to advance to the semi-finals, and the winners of that event will move to the national finals in Washington, D.C.
- InvestNextDoor – Small Businesses borrow up to $100k with great rates from local investors. Set your own rate & terms. No Banks. Low Cost. Easy Process!
- LendEDU – Article reviewing how peer-to-peer, or P2P, small business loans work.
- Lighter Capital – The most entrepreneur-friendly way to fund your growing technology company. With our innovative RevenueLoan product, you get flexible monthly payments and retain equity and control of your business. No personal guarantee requirements.
- Liquid Capital Northwest – Fast funding solutions including. Invoice Factoring, Asset-Based Lending, PO Financing, Equipment Leasing and more.
- Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loan – Designed to alleviate that risk and ensure any business that depends on the services of a military reservist that gets called into duty will have an easier time getting by in their absence. Applicants can borrow up to $2 million if they qualify, at an interest rate of no more than 4% per year. If this loan is relevant to your situation, you can apply online.
- Seattle Microfinancing – A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization connecting the microfinance community through events, online services and opportunities for collaboration.
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses – This program establishes the criteria to be used in federal contracting to determine service-disabled veteran status; business ownership and control requirements; guidelines for establishing sole source and set-aside procurement opportunities; and protest and appeal procedures for SDVOSBC procurements.
- Silicon Valley Bank – Every day, innovative businesses strive to bring about the next big thing. From technology to healthcare, from San Jose to Shanghai, our clients define what comes next. At Silicon Valley Bank, we support the businesses that invent the future. Everything we do helps innovators, enterprises and investors move bold ideas forward, fast.
- Small Business Association Lenders – Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses. Small Business Administration also offers loans to small businesses with a demonstrated need for funding. Check out the SBA’s eligibility requirements as well as their loan amounts, fees, and interest rates, and their repayment terms. In general, SBA loans are not the route most businesses find to be helpful, but it may fit for yours.
- Don’t forget to check out their guide to small business financing!
- Small Business Grants for Women – If you’re an entrepreneur, raising capital is a big part of your job. Small business grants are an excellent resource for women business owners, since these awards are essentially free money that you don’t have pay back, unlike other financing options like small business loans and credit cards. Some grant options are even targeted for women business owners specifically, which makes them man excellent source of capital for female entrepreneurs.
- Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) encourages businesses to engage in research and development, particularly those with potential for commercialization. On this site, you’ll find similar programs, like the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) and the Federal and State Technology Partnership (FAST), which promote technology research and implementation. These grants aren’t exclusively for women, but if your business ideas fit into the parameter, they are worth applying for. You can search for open grants for women in business on the SBIR search platform.
- SoGal – is the largest global platform for the education and empowerment of diverse entrepreneurs and investors. Our mission is to close the diversity gap in entrepreneurship and venture capital.
- Startup Fair – A community building organization bringing together local startup peers, key industry thought leaders, mentors, educators, and investors for interactive dialogues on relevant entrepreneurial topics. Our goal is to give back to the Seattle startup community by partnering with local startup organizations and thought leaders to introduce emerging startups to resources, mentorship, and investment opportunities.
- Tory Burch Foundation – In conjunction with Bank of America, offers female entrepreneurs affordable loans by connecting women with community lenders (i.e. lenders within the local community that target provide credit and financial services to underserved populations). To qualify, you must have a sustainable business operating for at least two years, and a satisfactory credit rating. You can begin the application process by filling out a loan pre-screening form. Even if you’re not interested in funding, the foundation provides excellent business education programs for women.
- Washington Access Fund – Promoting access to technology and economic opportunity for individuals with disabilities in Washington State.
- Women’s Business Loans – An organization created by the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce (USWCC) offers three key services:
- QUICK AND EASY, LOW COST TERM LOANS: For firms with $75,000 annual business revenue, ownership of 2+ years and FICO (credit score) of 620+ with an ability to repay.In partnership with LendingClub, we are providing access to the new market leader for small business lending, quick/easy/affordable term loans — and providing a $250 “Cash in your pocket” reward upon loan fulfillment. (You must secure your loan through WomensBusinessLoans.org to be eligible for the USWCC reward.* Go here to the home page to get started.)We believe this solution will provide relief for thousands of women-owned firms without all of the hassle of dealing with banks, alternative lenders and the onerous requirements and collateral required for SBA-backed loans (which may even include taking a control position on your home mortgage). And, we provide the $250 USWCC reward to help you maximize your cash.To find out if your firm qualifies, just go to our home page and start the quick and easy application. Checking your eligibility will not impact your credit score.
- ASSISTANCE AND CONSULTATION: For USWCC member firms that do not qualify for the easy term-loan process from Lending-Club, we will provide assistance and consultation to help your firm get the connections and information you need to secure capital for your firm.
- EDUCATION, TRAINING AND MENTORING: Often, when preparing to capitalize your business, it is necessary to work through (or prepare) your business plan, cash flows projections and consider your market position, competition, distribution and options. We’re here to help you with every step. Join the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce for one of our upcoming meetings or contact us via live chat at http://www.uswcc.org.
- Women’s Impact Fund – A women-owned and managed angel investing group dedicated to women-founded social impact companies.
- WTIA Startup Club Investors and Sources of Capital – Discover all of the Seattle area investment sources the Washington Technology Industry Association has rounded up for your funding through Angel, Seed, Series A, Series B, Series C, Grants and Impact Investing, Alternative Funding and Debt sources.
- Women Who Tech – is the largest network of women-led startups, investors, and allies working to increase diversity and funding in tech.
- Digital Intellect – Provide the best Digital Marketing services to all industries, through all channels. Focuses on and specializes in Web Design, Web Development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM/PPC), Social Media Management & Advertising, Lead Generation and beyond.