Monday, January 17th is Martin Luther King Jr Day, serve as as a reminder that racial justice and economic justice are inseparable.
For our business community, its also time to reflect on support for our black-owned businesses to help strengthen relationships and boost community morale.
With that said, what are some ways to show love to the businesses you love?
Below are thirteen ways to celebrate and support black-owned businesses:
- Start With Visibility
- Ask What They Need
- Be Intentional
- Share With Your Social Circles
- Build a Relationship
- Invest In Them
- Write & Share a Review
- Share a Seat at The Table
- Provide Equal Access To Funding
- Offer Mentorship and Resources
- Understand Internal Structure Differences
- Coaches and Patrons
- Include Them In Your Daily Life
Resources for Black-owned businesses:
- Amazon Black Business Accelerator is dedicated to helping build sustainable equity and growth for Black entrepreneurs by enabling their success as sellers. Available benefits includes financial assistance, business education and mentorship, and marketing and promotional support.
- The Coalition to Back Black Businesses is a multi-year initiative to support Black small business owners and the communities they serve as they recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and chart a path forward.
In addition, we are continuously adding Black-owned businesses to our BizDiversity directory,
Many small businesses are working under reduced hours due to staffing challenges and/or COVID-related issues.
We want to use our platform to spread some extra kindness!