March 20, 2021
BizDiversity would like to acknowledge the racist and misogynistic attacks on two Asian-owned spas in Georgia on March 17th and to mourn the tragic loss of life and to grieve with the families that have been broken by this latest racist, misogynistic hate crime.
We condemn the horrific acts of hate and violence that have targeted the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community over this past year,. The rise of anti-Asian harassment and harm we have witnessed over the past year has torn communities nationwide.
Ways we can make a Difference
- Report an incident on the Asian Americans Advancing Justice’s site Stand Against Hatred, the Stop AAPI Hate tracker, or file a report with your local FBI field office.
- Amplify and share stories of hate to raise awareness if anti-Asian incidents.
- Check on your AAPI friends and family.
- Speak up when you hear microaggressions. Call out misinformation or jokes that are racist. Address harmful behavior with friends, family, or co-workers.
- Support your local Asian-owned businesses
- Call or e-mail your legislators and ask what they are doing for the Asian community.
- Download the free Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit to learn more about taking an active role in combatting racism in your community.
Support Community Organizations
- A3PCON Asian Pacific Policy & Planning Council – a coalition of community-based organizations that advocates for the rights and needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander American Community.
- Support the AAPI Community Fund – a fundraiser launched by GoFundMe.org, which will use the money raised to issue grants to trusted AAPI organizations working to rectify the racial inequalities in our society.
We hold our Asian and Asian American community members close in our thoughts and stand in solidarity with #StopAAPIHate.